One of NFRC's main functions is to promulgate technical standards that establish uniform procedures for determining the various energy performance ratings: including U-factor, Solar Heat Gain Coefficient (SHGC), Visible Transmittance (VT), and Condensation Resistance.
2010 (Current Document Cycle) - Revised January 20, 2010 (Reference PCP Bulletin 2010-02)
NFRC 2010 documents have been approved by NFRC membership and The Board of Directors for publication. Implementation date for 2010 rating system was January 1, 2010. Please read PCP Bulletin 2010-02 for the sunset date for 2004 ratings.
For NFRC Certification of fenestration products, either WINDOW5/THERM5 or WINDOW6/THERM6 may be used for the simulation of those products. However, after July 1, 2011 only WINDOW6/THERM6 will be authorized for NFRC Certification.
Note: Errata or addendums will be noted in the footer of each documents. e.g. [E1A0] would mean that there is one errata published to the original document.
- NFRC 100 - 2010_E0A8 Procedure for Determining Fenestration Product U-factors (May 2013)
- NFRC 100A-2010 E0A0 Procedure for Determining Fenestration Attachment Product U-factors (February 2011)
- NFRC 101-2010_E5A30 Procedure for Determining Thermophysical Properties of Materials for Use in NFRC-Approved Software (April 2013)
- NFRC 102 - 2010_E0A2 Procedure for Measuring the Steady-State Thermal Transmittance of Fenestration Systems (April 2011)
- NFRC 200 - 2010_E1A6 Procedure for Determining Fenestration Product Solar Heat Gain Coefficient and Visible Transmittance at Normal Incidence (May 2013)
- NFRC 200A-2010 E0A0 Procedure for Determining Fenestration Attachment Product Solar Heat Gain Coefficient and Visible Transmittance at Normal Incidence (February 2011)
- NFRC 201 - 2010_E0A2 Procedure for Interim Standard Test Method for Measuring Solar Heat Gain Coefficient of Fenestration Systems Using Calorimetry Hot Box Methods (April 2011)
- NFRC 202-2012_E0A0 Procedure for Determining Translucent Fenestration Product Visible Transmittance at Normal Incidence (July 2012)
- NFRC 203-2012_E0A1 Procedure for Determining Visible Transmittance of Tubular Daylighting Devices (May 2013)
- NFRC 300 - 2010_E1A0 Test Method for Determining the Solar Optical Properties of Glazing Materials and Systems (January 2010)
- NFRC 301 - 2010_E2A0 Standard Test Method for Emittance of Specular Surfaces Using Spectrometric Measurements (January 2010)
- NFRC 302 - 2010_E0A0 Verification Program for Optical Spectral Data (January 2010)
- NFRC 303 - 2010_E1A0 Constructing a Laminate in Optics5 (January 2010)
- NFRC 304 - 2010_E0A0 Creating an Applied Film Layer in Optics for NFRC Certification (January 2010)
- NFRC 400 - 2010_E0A2 Procedure for Determining Fenestration Product Air Leakage (May 2013)
- NFRC 500 - 2010_E0A1 Procedure for Determining Fenestration Product Condensation Resistance Values (May 2013)
- NFRC 501 - 2010_E0A0 User Guide to the Procedure for Determining Fenestration Product Condensation Resistance Rating Values (Formerly NFRC 500 User's Guide) (January 2010)
- NFRC 600 - 2010_E1A1 Glossary and Terminology (September 2010)
- NFRC 601 - 2010_E0A1 NFRC Unit and Measurement Policy (November 2011)
- NFRC 901 - 2010_E0A0 Guidelines to Estimate the Effects of Fenestration on Heating and Cooling Energy Consumption in Single Family Residences (January 2010)
- NFRC Software Approval Guidelines (July 2006)
Visit the CPD Info page to download manuals, upload spreadsheets, issue and request forms, and FAQs.
2001/2004 Interpretations (Not Current)