Certified Products Directory - Frequently Asked Questions
3) Simulation Laboratories (Coming soon!)
4) Test Labs (Coming soon!)
Do you have a question that you need answered? Send your question to CPD Support.
1. How is the expiration date calculated in the NFRC Certified Products Directory (CPD)?
Expiration Dates are set in the NFRC 700-2016, Section 5.1 for new authorizations and Section 5.6 for recertifications. See the tables below for easy reference of how your product’s expiration date is calculated.
Table 1.1: Validation by Baseline Option
Table 1.2: No Validation Required (Sim Only / Test Only)
Table 1.3: Attachment Product (Applied Film)
2. What if the expiration date isn’t correct?
Contact your NFRC Inspection Agency (IA) who will review your product line and adjust if applicable.
3. The Laboratory has completed my report and submitted them to NFRC, what will happen next?
The Laboratory has submitted your report to your requested NFRC IA, and uploaded the date into the NFRC CPD. The Inspection Agency will review the data, and once approved you will receive a Certificate of Authorization (CA), and you can create your labels.
4. I have received a Certificate of Authorization (CA) from my NFRC Inspection Agency (IA), how to I know what values go on my labels?
Login to the CPD with your username and password, and queue the product line for export into a csv file. Go to the Export home page to download your product line details.
(For instructions on navigating the CPD and how to export and download your product line details, download the CPD Participant User Manual)
1. What if the expiration date isn’t correct?
The IA still has the ability to manually change the date by selecting “Edit Product Line” and typing the correct date in the header.
2. A product line has been approved for expansion but there is not a notification stating the processing has begun; what should I do?
Report will be processed in the order received through the expansion queue. Make sure to refresh the Notifications list as new notifications will be listed when available.
After publication is complete it is best practice to view the Manufacturer’s product line to verify that all the options have completed publishing.
3. An upload was queued for publication several days ago but there is not a notification that it has been completed.
Send an inquiry to email@example.com with the issue and provide detailed information: manufacturer, product line number, simulation and/or test report number. Please submit the provided excel upload spreadsheet, if it is less than 10MB in the email correspondence.
4. What if my publication doesn’t work?
Send an inquiry to firstname.lastname@example.org with issue and provide detailed information: manufacturer, product line number, simulation and/or test report number. Please submit the provided excel upload spreadsheet, if it is less than 10MB in the email correspondence.